4893 Wade Hampton Blvd. Unit D Taylors, SC 29687
Phone: +1 864-520-2836
Fax: +1 864-752-1632
JUVÉDERM® like Restylane® is a bio-compatible and FDA-approved gel of smooth consistency made of hyaluronic acid (a naturally occurring acid in your body) that adds hydration, lift, and volume to prominent facial areas, lips and hands, providing rejuvenation and a refreshed, younger appearance. Since hyaluronic acid occurs naturally in the body, allergy testing is not required. It is injected into the mid to deep dermis with a fine needle by Dr. Tran, which will result in additional volume and lift to the treated area(s).
Why would I need Juvéderm®?
What areas of the face can Juvéderm®be used?
- Cheeks (thicker Juvéderm®or you can use Radiesse®)
- Lip and lip border as well as the fine lines on the upper lip
- Nasolabial folds or the deep folds from the nose to the mouth.
- Marionette Lines or the lines from the corners of the mouth down to the chin
- Chin and all around the mouth
- Jaw line
- Under the eyes or “tear trough” (This is one of our favorite areas to treat as the results are always satisfying for those with concavity around the lower eyes making them look tired.
- Between the brows (used in conjunction with Botox®, for a deep fold in the area)
What Results Can I Expect and How Long Do They Last?
The manufacturer claims 6-9 months or longer, but it also depends on which areas were treated and your body and its metabolism. Typically we have had great results with Juvéderm® lasting at least 9 months to 1 year and in some cases over 2 years! Additionally, in our experience, in the areas of your face that do not have that much movement (ie cheeks, forehead), Juvéderm® seems to last longer than in the mouth area. Touch up treatments done 4-6 months following the initial treatment will make the filler last longer overall.
During a consultation with us, patients can learn about the benefits and disadvantages of dermal fillers. Patients will be evaluated to determine if they are a proper candidate for treatment. Patients with a history of severe allergic reactions to bacterial proteins or lidocaine should avoid hyaluronic fillers such as Juvéderm®. Patients may experience tenderness and redness at the injection site for up to a few days after treatment, but this is normal. Most patients experience little to no downtime, and can resume exercise, sun exposure, and alcoholic beverages 24 hours after their treatment.
If you are considering Juvéderm® injections, contact our professionals today to learn about the benefits of each dermal filler and discover which one is best for your unique concerns.
What should I do to prepare for my treatment?
If you are taking the following medications you should know it can increase your likelihood of bruising. Therefore we advise you to stop taking any of these medications about 4-7 days prior to any injections unless it is not advised to do so by your physician.
- Motrin, Advil, Ibroprofen, Naprosyn (or same class of anti-inflammatory medications)
- Fish oils
- Vitamin E
- Ginko Biloba
- Coumadin or Lovenox (though you are more likely to bruise if you are on these, we suggest you DO NOT stop this medication, and seek your primary doctors approval)
Additionally if you are prone to “cold sores” around your mouth area and if you plan on any treatment in that area, it is advised that you take an antiviral such as Valtrex prior to and after treatment. We would be glad to prescribe this for you prior to the procedure.